We’ve spent the past year together, and while it is time for you to move on to the next grade, know that you will always be my students. I will always care about each one of you, because I have loved being your teacher.
I have loved seeing your smiling faces each day. I have loved listening to the stories you tell me. I have loved laughing with you. I have loved helping you. I have loved seeing your confidence grow. I have loved teaching you. What I love most about our classroom is that I have been able to share it with you.
Each of you have worked incredibly hard this year, and you’ve made a lot of progress. I am so proud of you! Keep working hard.
But the moments that have made me the proudest are the moments when I have seen you show kindness to others...
• When you walked up to someone who was alone on the playground and asked if they wanted to play with you
• When you offered your pencil, crayons, glue stick, or scissors to someone who was in need
• When you saw a friend crying and asked, “Are you ok?”
• When you gave a compliment or wrote a note of encouragement to someone.
• When you saw that someone needed a reading partner and said, “You can read with me.”
• When you simply stopped and asked someone, “Do you need any help?”
These little moments, these acts of kindness, remind people that you see them. It reminds them that they are important and loved. And the world needs more love.
Keep being kind. Sometimes the smallest acts make the biggest impact. And I can’t wait to see what impact you will make. Even though you are young, you can make a BIG difference in the world.
As our school year comes to an end, know that I will miss you, but you have a lot to look forward to for next year. In a few months, you’ll meet your new teacher and he/she will quickly discover just how amazing, talented, kind, and smart you are. And just like I will always love and care about you, your new teacher will too.
I'm an ordinary introvert who loves an extraordinary God.